Friday, August 22, 2008

Body For Life... I will do it!


So.. throughout the last couple of years I have gone off and on a program called Body For Life... I've taken pictures of me with little clothing, eating the 6 small meals and done the workouts. I saw results, great ones! But sadly I have always failed to finish the 12 weeks. I think the farthest I've ever gotten on the challenge is 6 or 7 weeks....

Since getting married, I really havent seen a change in my body at all (meaning the gaining of weight that is usually associated to marriage).. I actually went to a party with some old co-workers and they told me I'd looked thinner which is always good to hear... But, I want to do it, I want to finally see what would happen to me if I followed the plan to a T, not missing a day, and making it to the end. I want to also see if I can win!! That would be so cool!

With all that said, I vow on this blog that I will complete my 12 week challenge!! I will go as far as to post pictures of me and my progress to hold myself accountable. Now, hopefully only those I love and care for dearly will be able to see the pictures but if not, oh well.. I'm going to look great in the next 3 months so the old pictures wont even matter.

I hope this doesn't seem crazy or like I'm a fanatic. I'm just a goal setter and like to see myself change for the better! Thanks for any and all the support you give!

Below are my stats to start out the challenge with:

Start date: August 25th
Height: 5' 6"
Weight:146
BF %: TBD
Bust:34"
Waist:35"
Hips:38"
Upper Thigh:23"
Calve:14"
Upper Arm:12"


Goals:

1. I want to lose 15-20 Pounds of fat and gain muscle tone in its place.
2. I want to fit into my size 4 jeans I've bought but never worn!
3. I want to have more energy and drive to accomplish anything that comes my way.
4. I want to have more confidence and feel better about myself because I've accomplished something that is a huge personal challenge. I want to overcome my mental stumbling blocks.
5. I want to be below 18% body fat!

Reasons.
1.
Because I've started and stopped to many times. It's time to finish.
2. Because I have faith this challenge will add value to my life in other areas.
3. Because I can do this! I can prove to myself how strong not only my body is but my mind! I can prove to myself how dedicated and determined I really am deep down.


I'll include a picture soon enough.. but thats all for now! Here we go!

2 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Jenn, I didn't know that you have a blog! I decided to google you to see if you do; low and behold you popped up!

We have one too. Ours is http://jonathanandmarisajean.blogspot.com/, but it's private, so I'll need to send you an invite. Glad I found you and good luck on your exercising. I should join ya!

Lori's Family said...

So did you make it? You are so great about exercise I'm sure you did. You motivate me!