Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ahh.. back to the grind






Since BJ and I have gotten married, we've had a lot of time to hang out and do whatever we want. This week and next though, that will all change! I started my new job today with a "New Beginnings" (your having flashbacks of Young Womens right now huh? :) ) programs put on by Granite School District (the one I will now work for.) All I can say is that I hate to go to meeting and feel like I'm in college again filled with work and "fun activities" that honestly, arent all that fun. Some of the things I learned today were very informative and educational but when people try to give you information and expect you to do the work to learn it, thats where I tune out.. like today for a while...

Anyways, I went off on a tangent there. I will be teaching all 8th graders this year which will be SOO nice not to have to prepare 2 different History lessons a day. I am excited to get started on this years curriculum b/c I get to teach the Revolutionary and Civil Wars!! Yay!! Ok, so I'm a dork but boy are we going to have fun.

Today I came to be thankful for not working in the school I worked at before. Its funny how Heavenly Father works sometimes in that He makes you suffer something as bad as losing your job to see that thats not really where you needed to be. Its days like today that I am thankful for trials.

Well this Friday BJ and I will have been married for a woopin' month! I don't know what we have planned just yet but I'm sure it will be a grand ole' time! I'll update more on that later. Till then.. Here are some pictures from our Honeymoon... It was a very fun time as you can see :)

1 comment:

Nate and Ash said...

WOW, that month flew by!! Crazy Crazy!! Glad to hear that you like you new teaching job!! I will be letting you know shortly when I will be coming down!! --ash